What is Skirmish?
“Skirmish” is a weekly tournament where the game in play is rotated. A quick-fire tournament is hosted with one winner standing who claims the entire prize. Skirmish events are open to players of all skill levels and are for fun, grassroots community play and should not be mistaken for Pro League which is a separate event. The prizes for skirmish are purposely modest, with no buy-ins. Pro Leagues will be for high-level play with larger prize pools.
How do I join the tournament?
- Register for this website. This is a mandatory step for all players in all of our tournaments.
- Next, head to our shop to pick up a free “League of Legends Skirmish” code to register on our BattleFy. Once you order this item, you’ll receive a code and link to the Battlefy tournament.
- Follow the instructions in the linked Battlefy tournament from your emails. Once you have registered on BattleFy correctly, you’ll see yourself as listed under participants.
- Make sure to join our Tournament Discord.
If you have any issues joining, make sure to ask an Admin on Discord!
What’s the Schedule?
The next LoL Skirmish occurs on Tuesday March 12th, with play beginning at 7PM GMT. For League of Legends, initial signups close at 10PM on the night before the Tournament to allow players to find each other in time. Players who register after this point will be added to the substitute pool, but are not guaranteed a spot in the tournament.
What format is Skirmish?
For League of Legends, it is important to note that the format will be a free agent draft. This means that all players must register individually, and will be assigned a random team at the time of registration closing.
In general, Skirmish will be a Single elimination best of one until the Round of 4, from which point Best of 3 and Best of 5 will be played. Be sure to check Battlefy as this may be adjusted depending on team numbers and time constraints. Some games may have a maximum allowed number of signups in order to facilitate same day completion of the tournament. Keep in mind, Skirmish is designed for grassroots, fun play.
What is the prize for the winner of Skirmish?
The winner or winning team receives €100 – this is the same across all games.
Who can compete in Skirmish?
All players must be made up of players resident within the following countries:
- All countries within the European Economic Area (the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) and Switzerland
Anyone who fits these residency requirements can enter the tournament. There are no requirements for rank. Players that enter should also be willing and able to communicate in English, and via voice chat.
How does the tournament work?
At 10PM GMT on Monday March 11th, we’ll be closing initial signups. Teams will be drafted from all of the players that have registered before this date. At this point, a captain will also be randomly assigned. Team members, and in particular the team captain, should do their best to get in contact with each other after teams have been drafted. Signups will remain open after this point for substitute players.
Can I sign up a group or premade team instead of just myself?
No, all signups must be individual players.
How do I communicate with my team?
The first step is to add your teammates on League of Legends. After that, it’s up to you – we’d encourage you to use either LoL in-game voice chat, or get everyone into a Discord server.
What if we can’t contact a teammate?
If you can’t contact a teammate by 6PM GMT on the day of play, contact an Admin via Discord and we’ll do our best to get you a replacement player. These players will be pulled from the list of players that sign up after the primary registration deadline. We can’t guarantee to fill the spot, or to match the skill level of the missing player, but we’ll do our best to get your team playing!
Game of Record
- Any attack or ability is landed on minions, jungle creeps, structures, or enemy Champions.
- Line-of-sight is established between players on opposing teams.
- Setting foot, establishing vision or targeting skillshot ability in opponent’s jungle by either team, which includes either leaving the river or entering brush connected to enemy jungle.
- Game timer reaches two minutes (00:01:30)
If a game has not reached GOR when a Game Restart is called, teams must use the same picks as before the restart. If a game has reached GOR when a Game Restart is called, the Pick-Ban Phase will be repeated, with both teams able to make new picks and bans.
RAID may, at any time, make its participants aware that certain champions are disallowed from play. This may be because of bugs, glitches or other factors that may cause the Champion to interrupt the integrity of competitive play. Champions are ineligible for play until 2 weeks after their release.
8 Teams maximum.
Don’t account share.
All players must be at least level 30 to play.